Sunday, May 8, 2011

Illegal and such...it's how we roll.

     And we're off! We were supposed to close on the 28th and that just didn't happen. We were held up one day due to some paint...some effin paint WE offered to fix before settlement but the seller INSISTED he do it. Long story short (and let's get to the funny part) we went to the house to do the work and apparently it was a liability and we weren't supposed to be there, in our effort to pack up quickly and stop painting the house that wasn't officially ours yet Eric's ladder broke. It was hooked on the roof and the rope broke( pic 1) I could've peed myself looking at us, at the house illegally now with a stuck ladder. We eventually fought it down but damn...we were sucking and the house wasn't ours yet.
    We moved in on the 30th and all has been going well with only minor bumps along the way. I forgot to mention that during all of the moving I had a friend from Belgium staying with us. So on our very first night in our new home Eric and I decided to have a bath (probably TMI but roll with me here) and right as we sit down to relax, KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the bathroom door. We were interrupted to find that our powder room toilet was clogged (with poop) by our house guest. Moving in only hours before of course no plunger in sight and it waited until morning.
     Through the week we had my Birthday(whoo hoo) and lots of unpacking. Finally, yesterday we started to do some actual work and as Eric was having more ladder fun I was doing yard work. I pulled a tree out of the ground with my bare hands and awesome strength, and yes I paid for that today. Eric almost fell off the ladder as a squirrel popped out of a birdhouse and gave him a miniature heart attack. So tonight, we tackle Em's bedroom and I'm sure the weekend will bring many adventures.
    Quick shout out to thank everyone who helped us move,was here the day after, and Charlie our new electrician :)

Eric's stuck ladder...hehehe

<3

The friendly squirrel that lives in the birdhouse

My beautiful family :)

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I am so happy for the four of you......Had a great time today.....thank you for letting me share my two holidays at once with you guys.......I love my boys.....and I know they take some getting used to....but in the end....they are the best two guys you will ever meet.....they are rock solid.....As for the illegal part.....welcome to Epler world......:).....We play by our own rules here....you either like it or lump it.....We don't change......It's how we roll......Oh I got those plates I told you about.....when you come over tomorrow remind me.......If you don't want them that is fine.....you won't hurt my feelings at all......I will just cry later.....hahahaha.....j/k really......See you tomorrow......Peggy

    ReplyDelete